Student beaten up by 4, FIR filed after 5 months in Gurugram

Week after zero case, 12 test +ve for Covid in Nuh

Gurgaon: It took Gurgaon Police five months to register an FIR in a case in which a college student was allegedly beaten up brutally by four boys.
In March, the complainant, Nikhil Raghav, was attacked with a beer bottle and hit on the head with an iron rod. However, when his family approached police, they refused to register an FIR. His father, a postmaster, then approached the court and finally, after five months, an FIR has been registered with the Bhondsi police under IPC sections 343 (accounting to voluntarily causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (acts done by several people in furtherance to common intention).
In his statement to the police, Raghav (20) said that the incident took place on March 30 when his elder brother enquired about his motorcycle. “I told my brother that Rahul, Rahul Raju, Karan and Ashok have taken the bike. When he asked me to get it back, I followed them to a farmhouse in Bhondsi with a friend and confronted them,” he said, adding that when he reached the place, he saw that they were drinking and there were beer bottles lying around.
“When I asked them to return the bike, they refused and Raju started arguing with me. In the meantime, Rahul came from behind and smashed a beer bottle on my leg and arms and also hit my head with an iron rod,” he said, adding that they even threatened to kill him if he continued to argue with them.
Nikhil’s friend, who was with him, took him to a doctor where they were told that glass had gone inside his skin. The family then approached police with a complaint, but they refused to file an FIR. In fact, it was Nikhil against whom an FIR was lodged later on the basis of a complaint filed by the four youths. Nikhil was arrested on April 20 and later released on bail.
Amit Raghav, Nikhil’s father, told TOI that while police didn’t even register an FIR on their complaint, their son was arrested on the basis of the complaint filed by the other party. “First, police refused to register a case and then they arrested my son. We got him out on bail and approached the Sohna court for relief. On September 14, the court passed an order directing the police to file an FIR,” he said.
Meanwhile, sources within the police department said that in such cases, an FIR is usually registered from the side with more injuries, and that in this case, the four other boys were also injured.
Despite repeated attempts, ACP Sohna Sandeep Malik couldn’t be reached.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *