Two labourers die after being electrocuted in Ambala

Two labourers die after being electrocuted in Ambala


AMBALA: Two labourers died after being electrocuted while working at an under-construction residential property and fell down in Sunder Nagar area of Parao police station (PS) in Ambala district on Sunday morning.
The deceased have been identified as Bahadur of Kesri village in Ambala district and Suresh of Uttar Pradesh.
As per the information, both of them were opening the under-construction building shuttering when an iron rod came in contact with a high voltage electrical wire passing from nearby the house and both were electrocuted.
The Ambala police teams from Parao PS along with junior engineer of electricity the department reached the spot while the injured were rushed to the civil hospital, Ambala Cantonment by the house owners.
The house belongs to one Deepa Rani who lives with her son Hitesh and they were getting a new portion on the first floor of their house constructed and the work had been ongoing from around last two months, said the police.
“The incident happened when the labourers were opening the iron shuttering which came in contact with an electrical wire. Both of them got electrocuted and fell on the ground. Bahadur was declared dead by the doctors at Ambala Cantonment hospital, while Suresh in a critical condition was referred to GMCH, Sector 32, Chandigarh, where he died later in the day on Sunday”, said inspector Ajaib Singh, station house officer, Parao PS.
“On Monday, the family members of both the deceased reached Ambala and their bodies will be handed over to them after autopsies. So far, we have not received any complaint in this matter and the statements of their family members are being recorded”, added SHO Parao.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *